It's almost that time again; bikini season! Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't have to be the most dreaded time of the year. With a few great products, you can have smooth, glowing skin in no time.
- Exfoliate! This may seem like a no-brainer to some, but for those of you who didn't know, exfoliating is a great way to get rid of all the dead skin cells on our bodies. Kind of gross, but it's true. Exfoliating also helps prep the skin for self-tanner! Lush Ocean Salt is a beauty blogger favorite and rightfully so. The coconut cream and sea salt scrub contains fresh avocado and coconut, perfect for hydrating the skin all while scrubbing off toxins.
- Cleanse! A nourishing creamy body wash can go a long way. Soap & Glory 'Clean On Me' is a clarifying shower gel with natural mandarin peel extract. It also contains a built-in body lotion!
- Moisturize! Every woman wants soft, moisturized skin, especially if you're spending time out in the sun. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter is a ultra-hydrating whipped body butter. I prefer body butters over traditional lotions. The consistency can be a bit thick and intimidating, but you'll feel moisturized for much longer.
- Treat! A body firming lotion can be very helpful in battling cellulite. We don't want to admit it, but a lot of women suffer from cellulite and a quality serum can really help. I have yet to try it myself, but I've heard only positive reviews of Soap & Glory Sit Tight. The serum is designed to release caffeine, a known cellulite fighting agent, when you're sitting. I spend most of my time sitting at a desk, so a product like this would be absolutely perfect.
- Tan! Lastly, if you're wearing a bathing suit, a healthy glow definitely helps. St. Tropez Self Tanning Bronzing Mousse is my holy-grail self tanner. It provides a non-streaky tan almost instantly. I'm definitely looking forward to trying their new Self Tan Luxe Dry Oil; it seems a bit more luxurious than their other products.