Taking care of your skin is essential in every season, but I feel you should pay extra attention to your skincare needs throughout the winter months. Even the oiliest complexions can experience dry patches and dehydration when the temperature drops. I have always struggled with acne and other skincare woes, which is why I’m passionate about skincare, and constantly look for new products to help improve my daily routine. I’ve recently discovered quite a few products that help keep my skin feeling hydrated and looking simply glowing this winter.
1. Glossier Priming Moisturizer: Glossier is a relatively new beauty brand created by Emily Weiss of Into The Gloss. The brand centers their product line around the idea that your day should start with “a perfectly primed canvas”. Before you have fun with make-up, it’s important to take care of the skin underneath, and create a canvas to work on. Their Priming Moisturizer is a buildable hydrating creme designed to add plumpness to the skin, even out your complexion, and reduce redness. What I love most about this product is it’s dual purpose. The Priming Moisturizer acts as my morning moisturizer and make-up primer. It’s light enough to wear underneath your make-up, but still hydrating enough to act as your daily moisturizer. In the evening I prefer to use a heavy cream, so the Glossier Priming Moisturizer is perfect for the A.M.
2. nugg Beauty Face Mask: nugg Face Masks are a recent beauty discovery and I’m not quite sure how I ever lived without them. nugg face masks are each designed for a specific skincare need. Their product line currently includes soothing, exfoliating, hydrating, deep cleansing, revitalizing, and anti-aging masks. Before I gush about how incredible these masks leave my skin looking and feeling, I have to explain the packaging. Each mask is housed in its own one-time use capsule, ensuring maximum freshness of the product and sheer convenience. If you’re someone who travels often, your skin no longer has to suffer. Just throw a couple in your purse, and you’re good to go! Each face mask is formulated with natural oils and extracts, and free of petrochemicals, parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and colors. I love the way my skin feels after using a nugg face mask and the hydrating face mask is perfect for winter.
3. Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution: Let me first start off by saying I am always skeptical of dark spot correctors. As someone who struggles with dark spots and hyper pigmentation left behind from years of acne, it can be a bit discouraging to try product after product with no results. The Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution is the first product of it’s kind that has ever worked for me. The serum is formulated with a potent complex of Activated C, White Birch and Peony. It’s not an overnight miracle worker, but after consistently using it for a few months, I definitely notice a difference in my complexion. Dark spots have faded, and my skin overall appears brighter and more even. It also smells incredible, and I wake up each morning with noticeably softer skin. It has easily become a staple in my skincare routine.
4. Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel: After using and loving the Tsubaki Beauty Oil, I knew I had to give the Cleansing Oil-Gel a try. It was recently a perk at Sephora so I was able to pick it up there. It has an incredible fragrance and it removes make-up residue well. I don’t use this product as my sole make-up remover, but it’s fantastic at removing whatever my make-up wipes leave behind. I will definitely be purchasing the full sized version very soon.
5. Dior Instant Cleansing Water: When cleansing waters became trendy a little while back, I had to jump on the bandwagon. I initially wanted to try Bioderma, but because it was so hard to purchase in the states at the time, I opted for the Dior Cleansing Water. I use this product one of two ways. When I’m in a rush or completely exhausted, I skip my usual facial cleanser and use only the cleansing water. I’ll add a bit to a cotton pad, and wipe my face until all of my make-up is removed. I usually go in with a second cotton pad to make sure I actually removed everything. If I’m not being lazy, I use the cleansing water strictly as a make-up remover, and go in afterwards with an actual cleanser. It smells wonderful, and although a bit on the expensive side, it lasts for quite awhile. The formula is also pretty light, so I believe this would be a great formula for those with sensitive skin.
What are your go-to winter beauty products?
*This post may contain samples sent by PR. *