Now that we’ve taken the time to enjoy our engagement, Matt and I are getting ready to start actually planning our wedding. We still don’t have an exact date in mind, but we’re hoping that by starting the venue search we can begin narrowing it down. We just booked our first appointment for our dream venue, and we’re both excited and anxious for the day to arrive. While we obviously haven’t booked our wedding yet, I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to booking venues for events and parties. It’s so easy to get swept away when you’re touring a venue for the first time, but it’s crucial to remember to ask the important questions. A wedding is a big investment, and your venue typically makes up a majority of it, so you want to make sure you have all of the information you need before signing any contracts. To make your search for the dream venue easier, I decided to compile a list of 25 questions to ask your potential wedding venue before booking! This is a list I will definitely be taking with me to all future wedding venue appointments.
25 Questions to Ask Your Potential Wedding Venue
1. Is my date available?
2. How many people can the space accommodate? Is that seated or standing?
3. Can you host both the ceremony and reception?
4. Will other weddings or events be held on the day of our wedding?
5. What is the fee for renting the space or price per person?
6. What does the fee or price per person include?
7. Is there a reduced rate for weekdays or winter?
8. How much is an additional hour?
9. Is parking available on-site? Will there be a fee for valet parking?
10. Can I use any vendors or do you have a list of preferred vendors?
11. Is there an additional fee for using outside vendors?
12. Is there an on-site coordinator?
13. Do you provide a space for the bridal party to get ready?
14. When can set-up begin on the day of the wedding?
15. Do you offer overnight accommodations? If not, do you have any partnerships with nearby hotels?
16. Can I bring my own cake? If so, is there a cake cutting fee?
17. Are there any decor limitations?
18. Are there any noise restrictions?
19. Do you offer a food tasting?
20. Can we have our wedding rehearsal at the venue?
21. Do you have liability insurance?
22. How much is the deposit?
23. When is the balance due?
24. What forms of payment do you accept?
25. What is your cancellation policy?
I’m sure many other questions will arise throughout our venue search, but I wanted to compile a list of what I think are the most important ones. As far as finding venues we want to tour and making appointments, we have been doing everything through WeddingWire. They have a tool on their site that provides reviews, pricing and availability for over 21,450 wedding venues. You can search by location and then use filters like amenities, maximum capacity, and setting to narrow down your search results and find venues that fit your style and needs best. Some venues even share videos from previous weddings they have held. You can then message any venue you’re interested in directly on WeddingWire. It has made the process so easy and I have found so many venues we love.