This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
The holiday season is always the busiest time of year for most people. Between shopping for gifts, prepping for dinners, attending holiday parties, and traveling to visit family, every single minute of the day seems to be accounted for. It may sound cliche, but I love soaking up every little thing the holidays have to offer. Holiday parties mean shopping for new sparkly dresses, festive manicures, and fun, holiday hairstyles. Since time isn’t on our side throughout the holiday season, I thought I would share one of my favorite hairstyles, perfect for this time of year, that takes under 30 minutes (under 15 if you have shorter hair) to complete.
This holiday season I’m all about fun, simple hairstyles. Using some of my favorite products from TRESemmé®, Dove, and Suave®, I’m going to show you how I create a wavy half-up, half-down style that only requires a curling wand and a few bobby pins. And keep an eye out for the amazing deals I’ll be sharing from CVS after the tutorial.
1. You’ll want to start with clean, dry hair. Start by washing your hair with the TRESemmé® Keratin Smooth Color Shampoo. It helps to control frizz and keep your hair smooth. And it helps protect color-treated hair! Next, condition with Suave Professionals® Honey Infusion Conditioner. It protects against damage and leaves hair 10x stronger in just one use. Oh, and it smells incredible! If you’re in between washes and don’t have time to shampoo and condition your hair, a dry shampoo also does the trick! The Dove Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo instantly cleans hair by absorbing excess oil. It also builds body and volume back into your hair.
2. Now that your hair is clean and dry, it’s time to prep your hair for styling. Section your hair to make styling easier and quicker.
3. Section by section, curl your hair using a one inch curling wand. Curling wands are great because they create an effortless curl that is easy to maintain. If your hair doesn’t hold a curl well, I recommend using the TRESemmé® TRES TWO Extra Hold Hair Spray to secure each section as you go.
4. Once you’ve curled all of your hair, it’s time to style it. Take a section of hair from both sides of your face, and pull them back. Twist one side over the other, and secure the hair with 2-4 bobby pins. When securing the hair with the bobby pins, push the bobby pins towards your roots to add volume and height.
5. Finish off the look by spraying all of your hair with the TRESemmé® TRES TWO Extra Hold Hair Spray. I love this hair spray because it doesn’t leave your hair feeling stiff!
If you want to recreate this look for the holidays, you’re in luck because right now CVS is offering incredible deals on the products that I used to create it. From now until November 18th, if you use your card, select Suave® Hair Care products are 2/$6, select TRESemmé® Shampoo, Conditioners & Stylers are 2/$8, select TRESemmé® Premium Hair Care products are 2/$10, select Dove Hair Care products are Buy One, Get One 50% off, and you receive $2 ExtraBucks® Rewards when you buy any TWO (2) participating TRESemmé® products.
From November 19th to the 25th, select Suave® Hair Care products are 2/$6 and you receive $4 ExtraBucks® Rewards when you buy any TWO (2) participating Suave® Hair Care products.
From November 26th to December 9th, select TRESemmé® products are Buy One, Get One 50% off and from December 3rd to December 9th select Suave® Hair Care products are 2/$6 (excluding dry shampoo).