This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
Ever since I was a young girl I have always looked forward to New York Fashion Week. Between the fashion, the runway shows, the hair, and the make-up, it’s hard not to get excited. Fashion Week always inspires me in so many ways, from the clothes that I wear to the beauty looks I try. Whenever I think of NYFW, it’s hard not to think of TRESemmé. Year after year I’m blown away by the hair looks they create behind the scenes. In celebration of NYFW, and the All-New TRESemmé Micro-Mist Line coming to CVS, I thought it would be fun to share my favorite, effortless curls. This look is great for a girl’s night out or a romantic date night in the city. I am all about creating hairstyles that look put-together, yet effortless and I can’t wait to show you how I achieve that with this look.
As I mentioned earlier, I am all about creating effortless, yet put-together hairstyles. You want it to look like you’re trying, without looking like you tried too hard; am I right? This look is super easy to achieve and only requires two products. You’re going to need a one inch curling iron, and the new TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray. This new, innovative hairspray will give you amazing hold AND keep your hair’s natural movement and flexibility intact. What’s really amazing is that this reinvented hairspray is designed to use 50% less gas than TRESemmé’s 11 ounce cans, delivering a fine, weightless mist. Now let’s move onto the tutorial:
1. You want to start with smooth, dry hair. Separate your hair into manageable sections with hair clips.
2. Starting at the bottom, take one to two inch sections of your hair and curl using a one-inch curling iron. You can curl your hair all in the same direction, or alternate. It all depends on how effortless and natural you want the look to be. I prefer to create tighter curls that I can then loosen later.
3. Curl all sections of your hair.
4. Using your fingers, loosen up the curls. I usually break up the curls to create a messier, more natural look.
5. Once you’ve loosened the curls, it’s time to secure the look. After giving the can a shake, spray the hairspray 10-12 inches from your hair. You’ll notice that after you’ve applied the hairspray, you can still run your hands through your hair without feeling any stiffness. It’s amazing how natural it feels! The Micro Mist is available in different hold levels, but for this look I used Level 2 – Smooth, for invisible hold of my smooth style.
– $5 ExtraBucks® Rewards when you spend $15 of participating TRESemmé products.
– 2/$8 WITH CARD Select TRESemmé Shampoo, Conditioner and Stylers.
– 2/$10 WITH CARD Select TRESemmé Premium Hair Care products.